Last Friday, I revised the Arkansas Traveler pattern from Lee at Freshly Pieced and today I tested the revision with superb results. This pattern change in addition to my shortcut for cutting the diamonds, makes this block super easy.
And just look at these beauties....
The background fabric is Kona Snow and it really brings out the color in the prints. I also love how the center diamonds in the top block make a tiny pinwheel in the yellow and white fabric. This was totally by accident but a great effect.
My plan is to use the leftover fabrics from the Quilts for Boston blocks to make an Arkansas Traveler Quilt.
I still have two more QfB blocks to make to finish my twelve blocks and here is what I've done since I showed you Block #5 - Arkansas Traveler (from the original pattern) last week.
Here's my progress over the past weekend....
Block #6 - Banded Star pattern from Jennifer Ofenstein at sewhooked.com
Block #7 - ET Phone Home pattern by Lily's Quilts
AAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! This was the absolute worst experience in paper piecing for me. The eight sections came together fairly easily; then when I was trying to sew the sections together, I couldn't get anything to line up. I must have ripped out the four center seams at least 10 times before accepting defeat and then needed extra ironing muscle to flatten out the center section. This block will look fine once it is machine quilted, nevertheless, I decided to take a break from paper piecing for a while.
Block #8 - Disappearing 4 Patch
Block #9 - Disappearing Nine Patch
This block was deliberately trimmed for the wonky effect.
Block #10 - Disappearing Nine Patch
So there you have my QfB progress over the weekend.
I'm back paper piecing again today with the Arkansas Traveler blocks, so my frustration didn't last more than a couple of days. I probably will try the ET block again sometime in the future, hopefully with better results.
That's it for now. Hope you'll come back to see more of my quiltiness.