Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How to reneg on a promised Block?

I posted last month about making the February block in the Lucky Stars BOM (with don't call me betsy) using turquoise and gray for the Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild meeting. 



Well, due to that four week work commitment I had in February, I neither made the meeting nor sent in my block.  Not to worry, the JMQG extended the submissions through the March meeting which is this Saturday.   I decided to make a second block for the local guild since I still had lots of turquoise and gray fabric.  

So I went back to the "not betsy" Lucky Stars BOM folder and made the practice block from December.  

 
I really liked how this one came out so I made the 6 1/2 inch version for my Alzheimer's Quilt which I'll talk about later this month.   Anyway, I then decided to make the January block using the turquoise and gray fabrics.
 

 
Of course, I couldn't stop there, so I whipped up the March "Ninja Star" block.   By this time, I was beginning to envision a quilt with these blocks.  While this color scheme wasn't one I would have picked on my own, it was beginning to grow on me.    
 
 
For grins and giggles, I wanted to see what a potential row of these stars would look like, and began to feel it.  Now I am hooked.
 
 
 
We're only on the fourth block with the Lucky Stars BOM, so I looked through my online links  and found a bunch of other foundation paper piecing patterns from the The Quilter's Cache by Marcia Hohn.    Click on her link and see the hundreds of patterns she offers for free.
 
The following block from Quilters Cache is called Snowblossoms...
 

 
and then this block they call Stars and Diamonds, which still needs to be sewn together; only the top right corner has been stitched.
 

 
 
Ok, I admit it,  I'm out of control with these blocks and have yet to decide which one (if any) I'll bring as my donation to the JMQG meeting on Saturday.   
 
I still have a couple of days to figure it out....or better yet,  I can make more turquoise and gray blocks.  I'm thinking queen sized quilt, so that would be roughly 64 blocks;  add sashing and borders and maybe also a few modern minimalist blocks here and there, and we're at a king sized quilt.  Enough, make me stop!!!
 
Tomorrow I'm teaching a basic crochet class so have to switch craft hats.


See you later,


Maus

No comments:

Post a Comment