Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Starts and Stops and Some Progress, Oh My!

I admit it.   I have too many works in progress; and most of them are knitting WIPS that are rapidly aging since I got the quilting bug.  One of the goals of the blog is to post photos of these unfinished projects as a kick in the pants to myself so I will be hopefully inspired but probably just shamed into finally finishing some of them.    Today, I'll start posting the quilt projects and over the next week, I'll have to post the Knitting projects.


Angela's Quilt

Woo Hoo!  It is totally finished but I can't post any photos until she receives it for her birthday on March 11th.  Growing up, we always watched Lawrence Welk, and during one show he mentioned his upcoming birthday was on March 11th.  So with the urging of Mum, Angela wrote to Mr. Welk and he sent her a birthday card every year until he passed away.    Wonderful....Wonderful. 

Angela's Quilt is my third quilt completed this year and I love how it turned out.      





The Chevron Quilt

 
This is going to be one of my favorite quilts and will probably go to one of the Munchkins (great nieces) who live out west.   Not sure yet; I'm waiting for the quilt to tell me with whom it wants to live. 
 
Right now with the eight panels in each row, the width is around 33 inches and the length when I add on the ninth row (Black and Gray) is at 72 inches.    I think I'll add another four panels to each row which would make it around 48 inches wide without borders and binding.
 
I'm still playing around with the rows or order of colors in the quilt, so I may have to post a few more photos before I decide.   
 
 
The fabric consists of Swirl Charm packs by Whistler Studios at Windham Fabrics purchased online from my good friends at the Missouri Star Quilt Company (MSQC).   They have the best stuff and I haven't been disappointed yet.   Unfortunately there wasn't equal variation by color in the charm packs, so I had to augment with fat quarters here and there.    
 
 
Chevron Quilt - HSTs
Amazing how these little piles of Half Square Triangles turn into a stunning chevron quilt.
 
 
 
 
The Ugly Quilt
 
I purchased the 4 inch flowered pre-cuts online from a well known catalogue company when I first contemplated quilting again.   I absolutely hated the prints the minute I opened the package.  I just don't recall them being this BLECH when I ordered them; but obviously they were on sale for a reason.  I matched them with gold and green since those colors are in each flowered print and with an off-white floral print. 
 
When I look at the quilt I think, Hmmm, it's not that bad.   Then I fold it up and it gets buried under other projects and in my mind's eye I shudder when I think about it.  I'm looking for just the right fabric for borders and backing to dress it up a bit. 
 
 
 
Quick-as-a-Fox Quilt 
 
This is the Quilt-along with the Patchwork Posse and The Sewing Loft and I've been posting photos of the individual blocks fairly regularly, since they come out once a week.  We have two more blocks to make before it gets put together.    
 
 
 
Lucky Stars BOM

This is the year-long foundation paper piecing Quilt-along with don't call me betsy.   Elizabeth Dackson, (not Betsy) recently gave me permission to use her Lucky Stars patterns for my Alzheimer's art quilt commitment, so I've been making  a few 6-1/2 inch blocks instead of the larger ones.
 
 
 
That's it for now, so...
 
 
Maus Out
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

























 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment